In 1997, the Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter, and his friends have survived encounter after encounter with the wicked Lord Voldemort. At the same time he and the other students of the great Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry have to contend with not only hairraising pranks, cranky Professors, and mind-numbing exams but also the very serious prosect of an all out war.
It's in times like these that it's helpful to look back at where we have been, to see better where we are going.
This year is 1976. Some of the greatest players in this future war are going to Hogwarts now as children, as are many, many others.
We know how their story ends, but that is not nearly as exciting as the journey...
Welcome to Magic Past, the sister RPG to Magic Life. This is a roleplay set in the Marauders 6th Year and beyond (1976).
Anyone is free to join, we only ask that you keep your canon characters in canon. However, individual interpretation is allowed, as everyone makes their character unique to them. :)If you are unsure, however, please ask first.
[x] Every person played has either purchased or stole these new Wizarding Journals. These are books that can be carried around and written either by hand or by a Quotes Quill. They act like regular diaries, except that
they can be Warded or Hexed as Private to certain people, andothers can comment in these diaries as they see fit. These Journals are your character's LJ Journals.
If you've never RPed across LJ, here are the basic rules:
[x] We post RP's and RP Instant Messaging logs here at magic_past. All RP's go over the same format: Place, Characters and a Rating. These can be in 3rd or 1st person, it doesn't matter. :)
[x] We post in our journal to show what we did that day. These are done in 1st person.
You can put "Locked to ..." and those people cannot read and comment IC. You can put "Private to ..." and only those people can read and comment IC.At the moment, due to the recent popularity of the journals, this feature is down. Private discourse between people will have to be done either in person or through passed notes and things of that nature.
[x] If your character has some really personal thoughts to put down, just put "Locked to everyone". This should be obvious, but don't actually make them private, because other people might want to read it OOC.
[x] If someone crosses something out (
like this), then your character just sees a scribble. Obviously you can read it OOC, but IC you have to act like you can't read it.
[x] These journals are charmed so that you can see everyone else's entries (unless they're
locked orcompletely private). So you can read everyone's journals and comment if you want to, despite them being in a different place.
[x] Note: in the spirit of magic_life and to keep internal consistency between the games, we are currently playing four months ahead. So in magic_past-verse, January=May, February=June, etc. It can be a little confusing at first, but you'll easily get into the swing of things!
Now for the fun part: The rules.
1. Playing in this RP is secondary to playing in magic_life. If you find yourself without time to play both, or play both as often, please give your priority to magic_life. For you guys new here and are just playing this game, please have a look at magic_life and consider picking up at least one character.
2. If you want to be a canon character, you have to stay in canon! If you don't think you can manage this, either create an OC (original character) or don't sign up. Characters staying in canon is essential for plotlines.
3. When you apply, please post a little introductory post with this information:
Name (of character):
Sample Journal Entry:
It would be helpful if you put this in the bio of your character, so that people can see at a glance the year, House, etc. (obviously if you are not a student, year should not apply, but if you went to Hogwarts you can still put the House you were in).
4. You should make a new LJ account to roleplay with.
5. 4-5 characters per player max. You don't have to play that many of course, you can stick with 1. That's great. :D Also, please no character switching. Take a character and try to keep with him/her. Also keep in mind your magic_life characters, and don't play more than you can handle. If you do, give the priority to magic_life.
6. If you're not good at creating your own icons, there are plenty of people here who I'm sure wouldn't mind doing a few for you. Just post a comment here asking for one. :) If you have an original character, it would be helpful to know what they look like. Your icons or PBs should look like their characters would. Britney Spears does not a Hermione make!
7. Be polite! No flaming please, or picking arguments - unless it's IC and/or part of a plot.
8. Posts should be kept PG-13. Anything over R-rated should go behind a lj-cut with a warning. (If you don't know how to do a lj-cut, see the FAQ). NC-17 is not allowed, thanks.
9. If you want to create an original character, or a canon character that is related to, or affects a character already in the RP, please IM them, a mod, or talk to them first! If you don't have AIM, comment on their journal explaining who you want to be.
10. People who are playing must post at least once every two weeks. Most RP's have people posting that or at least once a week, so we think it's fair. This is so characters that aren't being played anymore can be freed for others who might want to play them. It's no biggie folks, all we ask is at least one line or sentence, that's all.
Those who don't post for a week will be alerted and after two weeks we'll have to free your character up.
If you can't post for some reason, just let us know and there'll be no worries. ^^
11. Don't be shy! And give us time to warm up to you a little. We're all extremely friendly here, so if you need anything or have any ideas, don't keep it to yourself. :D
Sirius Black - grimfoot
Frank Longbottom - somewhatoutofit
Remus Lupin - wolfenjay
Peter Pettigrew - picayune_peter
Lily Evans - fatalxflower
Narcissa Black - sissyblack
Morgana "Morgan" Spinks - spinksy
Alecto Carrows - erinyesa
Rabastan Lestrange - pullsnopunches
Severus Snape - severthesnape
Greta Catchlove - greta_the_great
Bartemius Crouch Jr. - _barty_c_
Marlene McKinnon - marly_mckinnon
Annabelle Cannon - readycannon
Alice Harper (Longbottom) - stricken_alice
Dai Llewellyn - danger_dai
Anderson Lovegood - ander_lovegood
Quirinus Quirrell - quirky_quirrell
Evan Rosier - devilish_puff
Emmeline Vance - shrewd_emmy
Albus Dumbledore - NPC
Joseph "Joey" Landon - DADA - josephlandon *Now works at Durmstrang*
Bellatrix Black - neeblack
Order of the Phoenix
Edgar Bones - Ministry, DMLE - bonebreaker deceased
Fabian & Gideon Prewett - brothersprewett
Louis Edgecombe- NPC
Maria Lennox Edgecombe - Ministry, Transportation - dreamy_maria
The OOC Community
The Main Community
AIM/MSN Contact List (friends locked)